My knife is gone. The end.
No, just kidding, but I am really unhappy about it.
1. Apparently it's illegal to carry pocketknives in the country of England (mace is also illegal, apparently defending yourself is frowned upon, no wonder they have a pickpocket problem.)
2. Being honest gets you no where. (Sorry Mom and Dad.) My roommate and I went to the London Eye and they "search your bags" aka look inside them. The man asked me if I had anything sharp in my bag and, following the Aggie honor code, I said yes actually I have a pocketknife. He said "That's illegal in this country and Ill have to confiscate it. You won't be getting it back." I told him I was from Texas where people carry guns in the purses. (Notice we don't have a pickpocket problem.) He proceeded to confiscate my knife while taking down my name and address (should made that up but again I'm an honest person) and made it clear that I would not be getting my knife back and it would now become property of the police (who will probably sell it for 50 Pounds). At least I didn't get arrested. Apparently that's what they used to do instead of confiscating the item. #Texasgirlproblems
3. Buses are unreliable. Period. The concierge at our hotel told us that we could take bus number 9 to the London Eye which we were really interested in because we had seen enough of the tube (subway system) and wanted to be able to see London on our way across town. Well, jokes on us, halfway there our bus robot lady said "route change. This bus is now terminated. Please exit at the next stop." So after we get off the bus we look at our map and the London Eye doesn't look too far so we decide to enjoy the walk and sightsee on the way. Welllllll it was actually about 4 or 5 miles of walking before we got to the London Eye. We obviously took a different route back (via the tube) but as I'm laying in bed typing this my tootsies are KILLING me. Time for a soak in a hot bath. #somuchpain #notlookingforwardtotomorrow
No comments:
Post a Comment